Monday, October 26, 2009

Studio Time in the Sun

I've realized that recently I've been spending a copious amount time in my wonderful 9 x 9 with, what I feel is, little to show for it. Large quantities of time does not necessarily equate to large quantities of quality work...some students should be sent that memo during harsh critiques when all they have to say in defense of their work is the 100 hours the spent on it.

Anyways,
On this beautiful sunny fall day, I did what I do best and what most inspires me...walked about town.

I listened to people, watched people, chatted up strangers...the usual. I ended up at the library where I was introduced to the work of Beat Streuli, a street photographer.


Explaining his process.
I identified with this statement very strongly - Both with my photographs as well as my writing that documents who I'm seeing. This is the reason I walked from 84th St. to 25th St. while in NYC over fall break...you can see and hear so much that you didn't plan.



1 comment: