Friday, November 27, 2009

Poetry. I think I've heard of that.

Currently am working on the computer to compile and edit all the text that I'm using....believe it or not, it's a bit faster (even though it's less aesthetically pleasing) than typewriters. This would be the text on the small pamphlet journals.
Some of it you may recognize from the stationery and other parts I haven't been able to use yet. In a way they've become poems...they're aren't resolved, but I think they seem less randomly connected.
_____________
An eighteen year-old spring chicken
– correction, rooster.
He had only seen five rainbows his entire life
He had the hands of someone who longs to play the piano
But never would
Smoke poured from his lips as innocence simultaneously poured from his eyes
His torso was a mile long of Nevada flatness
He smelt like he traveled somewhere
Experienced something most of us haven’t
He is the knot in the worms of my brain
He was the Q-tip I couldn’t resist jamming into my ear
I could hear the record static of his voice behind his words
Kissing him was licking a piece of bruschetta
His eyes were bouncing…I could never catch them
Just bounced away
He fucked my best friend
He left me a broken chair
I feel okay about it
I didn’t tell him that he was asshole
I also didn’t tell him that his pants were unzipped
I wanted to bite him
I wanted to marry him

(quotes by and/or inspired by twelve people)
_____________
A hit of homeless acid and dog’s blood in my mouth
Piss in the milk jug and sheep eyes in the cupboard
Two pancakes and a handful of ham in my purse
White stains on my shirt and smoke in my hair
Peanut butter fudge and a tarantula named Betty by the highway
Freedom in the fridge and bacon in my glass

(quotes by and/or inspired by five people)
______________
It’s hard to become unconscious
Whiskey masks sadness
Masks happiness
I woke up underneath my bed
The lights were all on and the floor shook
I look how I feel
I feel like shit
Look into the mirror

Old soul
Junky
Self-loathing
We are masochists
We crave self-destruction
Watching the beautiful rot
Comfortable in dead end roads
Making the same decisions I made last year
I want to light myself on fire and jump out the window
I’m going to cough up a testicle and kill myself
I can’t wait to I die alone

(quotes by and/or inspired by nine people)
__________
Staring out the window as if something would ever happen
Begging for stimulation
Her eyes shook, too excited to focus on anything
They ejaculate when she speaks
She had a mouth like a bulldog
Her teeth were always stained red
Blood, chianti, beets
Only pretty when she frowned

(quotes by and/or inspired by four people)
_____________
My sexual education program was taught be evangelical Christians
Some call it a penis
But really it’s just a large floppy clitoris
There’s not enough difference
If it was big I’d want to lick it
I don’t understand
Men that are straight
Men that are gay
Men that are women
Men that are men
No wonder everyone is pregnant
My body told me
Facts based on soft sciences

(quotes by and/or inspired by six people)

No comments:

Post a Comment