Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dressing like an "Heiress of the Guinness Family"

Yesterday I went to the Daphne Guinness exhibit at the FIT Museum. The typical museum pamphlets that  are given upon entering a exhibit were no where to be found, instead there were sealed envelopes with an "invitation" to Ms. Guinness's show. I expect no less and I was not disappointed.  I love Daphne for many reasons, not just her ability to wear McQueen on the streets. She's not a 20 something running around wearing incredible designers on her back that she has no understanding of nor is she playing dress-up (Lady Gaga style). She is a grown woman of wealth and history which is exactly what projects....with a large splash of intensity and craze. At the very least, I appreciate her point of view and commitment to it.


“I’m not eccentric!  I’m very level-headed.  Not eccentric, imaginative!  When people say you are eccentric, they are trying to do you down or say you’re crazy.”





No comments:

Post a Comment